Friday, January 8, 2010

Feedback, please!

My dear, dear blog friends... I need your assistance!

You see, I have to be honest.  I just don't know what to do with this blog!

If you've been paying attention, you'll notice that I have two blogs.  This one (obviously) and this one.  The latter is a craft blog (again, obviously) with entries detailing my adventures in stamping, scrapping, sewing, knitting, and baking.

My other blog is a lot more high maintenance than this one.  A lot more people read it.  I post to it much more frequently.  It has a focus.  It knows what it is supposed to be.

This blog.  Well... it doesn't have much focus.

As I learn more and more about blogging and the community that is the blogosphere, it seems that blogs tend to fall into categories...

Special interest (art, music, craft, cooking), Babies and Family, Awareness for illness or disease, Business Promotion...

You get the picture.

And my blog... well... it's just kind of here.

Half my readers know me in real life (helloooo, friends and family!) and half of them have surfed in and happened to come by one of my better, more interesting posts, and have chosen to stick around (thanks!).

I'm not one of those super clever, witty writers.  You know, the ones who blog about everyday life but are sooo enthralling and funny and clever while doing it?  I'm not good at posting consistently, I share a lot of pictures but am so bored by the time they have all uploaded that I can't bring myself to write much about them.

I'm bored with my blog.  Which makes me feel even more sorry for you -- since you're actually reading it!

I should give myself a bit more credit I suppose.  I think yesterday's IKEA post was pretty fun.  And I have some other favorite posts... like this one, this one, and this one to name a few recent ones.

In general though - I feel like my life is pretty un-interesting on a day to day basis!  : )  Ha ha!  If I'm going to continue with this blog, I'd like to make sure I'm appealing to those that know me well and those who don't.  And I'd like to inspire you to leave me some comment lovin' and participate in the dialogue.

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself... (chirp, chirp...)  Is anyone out there??!?!

So what do you think?  What do you like to read about?  Do you like lots of photos?  Silly stories?  Shared articles and video clips?  Movie and TV reviews?  A little bit of everything?  What keeps you swinging back by my little piece of cyberspace?


So please... help me, help you, help me make this a better blog.  We'll all be better off I swear!

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

rachel said...

Ooh, reviews! Great idea.

I LOVE reading your craft blog :)

Claire said...

I love your blog! I just like catching up with your news and seeing what's going on with you guys! As we're so far away, I quite like just hearing your day to day stuff and seeing your home/friends/family etc!

Beth said...

I like the reviews idea too. The thought crossed my mind a few days ago also after watching like 8 movies and reading 3 books over the holiday. Might as well share our opinions, no? ;)

I keep reading this blog because I miss you and I love to feel like I'm still connected to you somehow. It's fun to know what's going on in other people's lives, even if it is the small day-to-day stuff. Heck, my blog posts are almost always boring! I find yours entertaining!

Unknown said...

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by my blog from SITS!
Personally, I like blogs with lots of photos, reviews, and humor.
I think yours has that down pat.
You could try merging both your blogs into 1 but that might be a bit of an overload for you.

Katie said...

I have struggled with the same lack of cohesion in my own blogging. I don't think there's anything wrong with a semi-generic blog! I'm liking the reviews, and pictures are always fun, even if they're of your daily life. Blogging is all about finding excitement in the little things, is it not? :)