Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Week of School

Remember when you were a kid and the first week of school was exciting fun, colorful, and easy-going?  At what point did it switch to a week of fear, panic, and overwhelming workloads?!  Ha!

Last week marked the beginning of another semester of graduate school for me at good ol' WMU.



Having done my undergraduate work as well as my master's classes at WMU, I do love it.  What I don't love about this semester is that both of my classes are held at the Battle Creek Campus.  That's a good hour and a half drive from my house.  Yowser!

The good thing about this semester though, is that it's sort of my final semester taking classes.  You see, during the summer all my classes are online, and then in the fall I write my thesis.  If all goes to plan, I will graduate next December.  Woohoo!

I have a class this semester that meets every other Saturday from 9-4, a total of 6 times.  It's a budgeting and accounting class, and I'm actually kind of liking it.  My professor is fun and very down to earth and I think I'll learn a lot.

My Wednesday night class is another story.  It's going to be HARD.  Hundreds of pages of reading each week, three to four page papers per week, and I have to declare my THESIS TOPIC two weeks from now!  Yikes!  I know I bitched about my statistics class last semester, but this very well may be WORSE!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

ImplausibleYarn said...

Good luck! Congratulations on a new first week of school. Look at it this way, it's nice to have a concrete reason to buy new pencils and notebooks in the fall besides having some vague feeling that you should.