Friday, January 15, 2010

Critic's Choice Friday!


Welcome to the first edition of Critic's Choice Friday! 

My weekly "Critic's Choice" post will always feature a review of some sort.  Could be a movie, book, product, TV show, whatever!  And I'll be looking to you, dear reader's, to share YOUR reviews as well!


This week, I've got two delicious food items to recommend to you!

No matter how yummy and satisfying my dinnertime meal is, I'm almost ALWAYS left craving something sweet to finish it off.  In my half ass effort to slim down a little before our trip to VEGAS in May, I decided to search out some low-fat ice cream while grocery shopping last week.

Edy's ice cream was 2/$4 at Meijer (apparently Edy's and Dreyer's are the same company -- I was confused by the differing names on my container and the image below I pulled off of the internet.  Good ol' Wikipedia can tell you more HERE) and I picked up some of this...



Yup - black cherry vanilla swirl!  I was a little hesitant, because usually anything that's frozen yogurt-ish tastes less ice cream-y and more sorbet-y, but this was rich and delicious!  And the best part?  100 calories per serving!  Now I just need to stick to one serving!  : )

And here's my second food recommendation... Folger's Gourmet Selection Creme Brulee coffee.

 
My addiction to taste for coffee has only come into play in the last couple of years.  Before then I wouldn't touch the stuff, and couldn't stand the taste!  Even now I'm one of those girls who likes the froofy drinks at Starbucks that are actually very little coffee and lots of other really high calorie sugary stuff. 

That being said, when we buy coffee for home I insist on something with a bit of flavor.  A lot of times we'll buy bagged coffee and it will smell delicious but you can't really taste the flavor when it's brewed.  This stuff is quite the contrary!  It smells AND tastes yummy!  It's so good I can drink it with only a little bit of creamer.  Yum!

Want to do a review for me on Critic's Choice Friday?  E-mail me at joanneroehm(at)yahoo(dot)com and we'll get you on the schedule!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Carrie Kendall said...

Those both sound so good! Eat and drink some for me since I'm still on my restrictive diet for Claire. :)

Beth said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Edy's Slow Churned stuff. I actually prefer it to the regular stuff now. Try the French Silk flavor next since you're a coffee drinker. It's awesome!