Thursday, January 14, 2010

I'm crazy for Flash Mobs!

Wikipedia defines flash mobs as follows:

A flash mob (or flashmob)is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. The term flash mob is generally applied only to gatherings organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails.The term is generally not applied to events organized by public relations firms or as publicity stunts.

Wikipedia will tell you all sorts of interesting tidbits about, and history and examples of flash mobs HERE, but I'm most concerned with the dancing ones.  Yup, I'm a sucker for dancing flash mobs.

My first encounter with flash mobs was this video, which I actually posted in this blog previously...



And then there was the prank pulled on the Oprah season kickoff show... (note the HORRIBLE live performance by BEP.  Booo!)



A couple of days ago I encountered this... a flash mob performance in Italy to a medley from the show GLEE!  Now you know I love Glee, so Glee + Flash Mob is pretty much the best thing ever.



So there you have it.  Dancing flash mobs.  Anyone want to get together, choreograph some dance moves with me, and get a big group of people to do it in a public place?  Just let me know... I'm so in!  : )

1 comment:

Wendy said...

It's weird. These things always make me cry. Just something about the happiness on people's faces when they watch everyone around them start dancing. There is one little old lady in the first one that just about makes me bawl, watching her clapping and smiling.

They're so great that I'm not even all that bummed out that they're basically commercials and not the groups of extra motivated people that we all want them to be. (I think the first one was for T-mobile and the last one was obviously for Glee, which I love too.)

Anyway, thanks for posting these. I hadn't seen the Glee one. And also, thanks for stopping by my site.

See you around.