Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Leaving for Austin TOMORROW!!!

It's finally upon us -- we leave tomorrow afternoon to drive to Detroit and fly out to Austin, Texas to visit my brother Will! This trip truly could not have come at a better time. Things have been so busy and hectic lately and Travis and I are 100% ready for a break, and to get out of town.

And we all know that I'm looking forward to a change in climate. You can imagine my delight at the weekend weather report today...

Weekend Forecast for
Austin, TX

Friday Mar 27

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
High
85°F

Low
45°F
Precip:
20%
Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 40s.
Saturday 28

Sunny
Sunny
High
71°F

Low
42°F
Precip:
0%
details details
Mainly sunny. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 40s.
Sunday 29

Sunny
Sunny
High
77°F

Low
54°F
Precip:
0%
Sunshine. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s.

Loving it!

Now, as with all trips - at least in my house - I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off today trying to get ready. I have a major proposal I'm working on and have been writing on and off since 7:30am so that I can get it wrapped up before I leave.

Bella is going to her grandparents Roehm in Portage, and gets picked up tonight, so I have packed up all of her stuff ready to go (tear... I feel like I'm leaving my child!)

The house is a mess, so I'm trying to get everything clean before I leave - nothing is worse than getting back from a great trip and having a messy house and lots to do.

And then there's the packing situation. Here's what our spare bed looks like right now...


It's kind of funny actually -- you can tell a lot about me from my reading selections in the right hand corner... Donor Centered Fundraising, Oriental Trading Catalog (Crafts Edition) and Real Simple magazine. Ha!

I'll be blogging daily from Austin - so you can expect to hear from me again LATE tomorrow evening since we don't get in until after 10pm, and will be stopping for a birthday drink for my brother Will (who turns 21 at midnight tomorrow) before heading to the apartment for the night. Until then - Happy Wednesday!

No comments: