Monday, July 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up


And what a fabulous weekend it was!

My parents came into town for a visit and the weather was just beautiful. I made some delicious Coconut-Banada Coladas (hop on over to my craft blog to see the recipe) which we enjoyed on our backyard patio. Yay back yard!

We then enjoyed a yummy dinner at our local Indian restaurant. My parents have always loved Indian food (there are Indian takeout places all over the place in England), but as a kid I wouldn't touch it. In the past year or so it has become one of Trav and I's favorite foods to eat out! (food photos for you - Abby!)

We indulged in some samosas for appetizers...

I ate chicken tikka masala for my entree. Delicious! And plenty for leftovers, too! (it reheats really well)



After dinner we headed back to the house to relax. Sunday morning we grabbed breakfast and did some shopping before my parents headed home. Thanks for coming, guys!

On Sunday afternoon Travis mowed the lawn while I sat on the patio and soaked up some rays (with sunscreen this time!) The grass is actually looking pretty darn good. Bella enjoys laying on the cool grass in the shade.


Sunday evening we headed to a local pub where Travis is a member of the Beer Mug Club (remember?) He was pleased to find that his beer mug was ready to go! It's engraved with his first and last name, and member number (he was the 20th member!) It was hard to take a photo of, but you can kind of see it in the pictures above.

It was a nice, relaxing way to end the weekend. I love restaurants where you can sit outside, don't you?

Hope your weekend was as lovely as ours!

3 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Oh my goodness- that chicken tikka masala looks AMAZING! I'm sitting here drooling, I swear! Looks like your fam had a wonderful weekend- YAY!

Katie said...

Chicken tika masala is my faaaaavorite.. so so so yummy! Thanks for making me hungry. :)

Joanne said...

It IS yummy! Just looking back at this post is making me hungry! Good thing I'm leaving the office and heading home for leftovers for dinner! YUM!