Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Funk is Lifting...

Boy, I have just been in a FUNK for the past couple of days! Not sure why! My poor husband has had to deal with my grouchiness for no good reason, but I'm pleased to say that as of about 11am this morning... the funk is lifting!

Maybe it's lifting because of the delicious peach melba muffin I grabbed from our local bakery on the way to work this morning?


Maybe it's lifting because I've been reviewing photos from a really successful art lesson with my kinders on Tuesday?



Maybe because the sun is finally shining?

Maybe it's because we're in the midst of planning a Spring trip to VEGAS with some of my most favorite people in all the world? (Will, Tyler, Trav, Alison, Noah, Tim, Seth, Kelly...)

Maybe it's because my dear friend Dan from college left me a voicemail last night because he was thinking about me and knew I was having a "dark" day? (thanks, Dan!)

Or because it's Thursday - which is ohhhhh sooooo close to Friday?!

It's supposed to be record-setting cool here this weekend - so we won't be heading out to the lake or be making any big outdoor plans. We're heading to Lansing tomorrow night for dinner with Alison and Noah (yeah!) and then I'm hoping to go see the new Harry Potter movie on Saturday (yup, I'm a dork!)

How about you? Any big plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

AVinNYC said...

I'm so glad things are looking up (that muffin made my tummy growl). Thanks for the advice on the tile... adhering it to a woodblock sounds like the way to go... Home Depot, here I come! :)

Arwen said...

That muffin looks good enough to make me want to drive up to GR and buy a bag full! How is your dinner making going? Find any good recipes?

Joanne said...

Oh man - that muffin was so GOOD. It's one of those places where they have random flavors on random days and you never know what it's going to be. Peach melba might have been my favorite yet - yum!

Dinner making is going okay - slowly but surely. I made the BBQ pineapple chicken recipe from craft (left in the comments of my recipe post) and it was DELISH!

Looking forward to experimenting some more this weekend.

Hope you're feeling well, Arwen!