Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Party For Two

I think it's crazy that the Superbowl was on so late on a SUNDAY night. It was 10:30pm before it got over! Since we'd had a busy weekend last weekend, and have a lot going on in the months ahead, Trav and I laid low at home rooting for the Cardinals (too bad!) and eating everything chili related. I'm serious, stop reading if you're a health nut, we had chili - chili fries - chili dogs. What can I say, it's not the Superbowl without chili, right?




I know, I know, I don't come across as a big NFL fan. In fact I'm absolutely not. But I enjoy all the hoopla that comes with the Superbowl, it's fun. Plus I HAD to watch it so I could stay awake for the one hour special of THE OFFICE that came on afterward. Classic.

And now the weekend is over - and no matter how much you enjoy what you do for a living - that's always a bit of a downer. The damn groundhog saw his shadow this morning which means MORE winter to come, and the weather people say that Spring doesn't officially begin for another seven weeks. Blah.

Now for those of you that take a moment in your busy work day to check out this blog - thank you! I hope it can provide you with a few minutes of distraction, and maybe a giggle or two. There are 18 of you following this blog now - which is awesome! I would love nothing more than to reach 20 followers by the end of the week - so if you've been reading for awhile, or are checking me out for the first time and find my ramblings quasi-interesting, become a follower! It helps me feel like I'm not "talking" to myself.

Thinking of tropical places, beaches and sunshine... HAPPY MONDAY!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I LOVE chili! Chili cheese fries are my favorite :) We had chili on Saturday - must've been a chili kind of weekend!