Sunday, February 15, 2009

Best. Valentines. Day. Ever.

Travis and I never really "do" Valentines Day. I'm one of the people who considers it an over commercialized "holiday" that makes a lot of money. When people say "But it's time to let your loved one know how much you appreciate them" I'm the one that responds "Shouldn't we do that every day?"

The truth is that unless you're two PERFECT individuals, you DON'T actually do that every day.

This year, with work being so hectic for both of us, Valentines Day fell at the perfect time to give us the excuse to stop stressing, and go out on a date together. Travis made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants - which was awesome since I'm usually the one that plans things (surprising I know!)

We had a really great meal, really great conversation, and I even blow-dried my hair and did my makeup. It was so worth it!

I feel so lucky to have such a great husband - and I may never scoff at Valentines Day again...






No comments: