Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!

What a week! The Pistons game on Sunday for Travis' birthday was a blast - but after that it was all downhill from there. I've been under a lot of pressure at work, I'm fighting that icky stomach flu that seems to be going around, and I'm SO SICK OF SNOW.

BUT - it's almost the weekend! Thank goodness! And tonight after submitting one HUGE grant to Washington DC, I'm back to blogging. The week has been rough, but sometimes its the simple things in life that help you through:

We did belated Christmas gifts with Seth and Kelly this past week - and they brought us these java-inspired goodies from Petoskey. The mugs are HUGE and as Kelly said "they're great because you can use them for soup, or ice cream, or whatever you want!" Thanks guys!

How can you not love this face? Bella spent several days keeping me company in the home office this week while I typed away. Such a good girl!

Our friend Marcy brought these home from Mexico. Trav brought them back from his office tonight and I cannot WAIT for a little chocolatey treat after dinner. Perfect cure for the blues!

You may notice that my blog is a little different - I've tried to simplify it a little and make it easier on the eyes. I hope you like the new look!

You should also know that I am launching a SECOND blog: Ready. Set. Craft. You know that I've been struggling with the theme of my blog for a while now, and I've finally straightened it all out. This blog will stay much the same as it was - notes about our lives, our work, our pets, our friends and families, etc. For all things crafty, you may visit Ready. Set. Craft by clicking here.

I considered a third blog for fundraising and non-profit type stuff, but figured two may be enough to manage for now! So I'll keep spreading the word about community giving through this blog. It's so important!

I'd love for you all to continue to read this blog - and if you're interested in the arts and crafty type things - please read my other blog as well! I'd love, as always, to gain followers (come on, follow!) and there's nothing better than getting comments and feedback - so keep those coming as well!

That's all for now - I have grants due Monday and Wednesday of next week - so I'm going to see if I can get a little more writing in before my (very supportive) husband and puppy return from the dog park...

Happy Thursday!

No comments: