Thursday, January 22, 2009

Casting On

Realized last night that I needed to put together some quick Valentines cards and goodies for the girls I mentor through the Girls Choral Academy. I wanted to create something shiny and fun that would appeal to elementary school girls:



Then I went to battle with my knitting needles and yarn. I successfully cast on. One whole row. Awesome. I couldn't for the life of me get farther than that. The book didn't help me, and even watching my friend Cindy for guidance didn't help me. A fellow blogger recommended an instructional website with clear video examples. I plan on checking it out tonight.




I'm working on some major grants for work right now - so having these side projects is a very good stress release. I've also decided I want to learn to crochet. Looks like it's going to be a busy, crafty year!

"Above all, try something." Franklin Delano Roosevelt

2 comments:

Erin Gilday said...

Exciting! Good luck learning how to crochet. I learned crochet first and I still think it's easier and more forgiving than knitting. Love the yarn, btw.

Anonymous said...

I saw your question on another blog about good websites for help learning to knit. knitting.about.com is great, it always helps me when I'm having a problem. When I started I learned from a book called knit wit- it was very clear and pretty easy to follow!