Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions

I'm back!

Did you have a wonderful Christmas?

We had a FABULOUS holiday... but after all of the traveling and Christmas-ing I am sure glad to be back at home, and getting the house back in order.  I look forward to all the 2010 will bring, and am anxious to get back to some sort of routine.

I have a ridiculous amount of photos to post here -- Christmas parties and family gatherings galore.  They will all come in good time over the next week, don't you worry.

But for now, I'd like to share some New Year Resolutions.  Not because I think I'm necessarily going to keep them all, or because I'm super into making them in the first place, but mainly because I think it's good to have goals - and writing them down holds you a little more accountable than just verbalizing them.

Plus I am writing them in a public place... so there's really no excuse not to make an effort, right?!  : )

Here goes...

1)  I will be less judgemental, and try my best not to jump to conclusions about a person, place, or thing.  (Although I think that I am a good judge of character and situation and that is a skill that can be helpful, I am way too quick to make assumptions in my day to day life, and need to realize that things and people are not always as they seem.  I need to be open to the fact that my gut-reaction or opinion is not always the right one.  Go figure.)

2)  I will take better care of myself so that I am around for a long time to come.  (This is pretty general, but includes:  seeing a doctor when sick or hurt, drinking more water than caffeine on a daily basis, eating healthier, and making it to the gym consistently)

3)  I will take better care of my house.  (Does this need any explanation?!  I am horrible at keeping up with the house cleaning...)

4)  I will do my very best to NOT procrastinate.  (Especially with schoolwork!  I need to make a work-plan for each project and stick to it, so I'm not tearing my hair out the night before due dates!)

5)  I will make a valiant effort to keep in regular contact with my loved ones both near and far.  (I think it gets harder and harder as we get older to keep in touch with our friends and takes a lot more effort.  I have some wonderful people in my life, some of whom are very far away, and I want to maintain those relationships... even if it means picking up the phone when I'm cranky and tired after a long and busy day... it will most likely make me feel better in the long run!)

So what about you, dear reader?  Do you have any resolutions?  Do share them with us!  What goals are you setting for 2010?

Let me make a like resolution for you...  : ) 

If you're a regular reader to this blog, and haven't done so already, hop on over to the right side of the screen where it says "Followers" and click "Follow."  Yes you will be asked to create a username and ID if you don't already have a google or blogger account, but it will take you all of three minutes, and it will allow you to leave comments for me!  It will let me know that I'm not just writing into cyberspace, and that people are actually reading!  Blogging should be interactive, so I always love to hear what you have to say about my posts... you becoming a follower could even help me with my fifth resolution... so come on, help us keep in touch, and add as a follower!

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: