Monday, December 14, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

This post is a little late, since the tree has been up for the better part of a week now, but oh well. Better late than never!

Like the lights, this year's tree has been quite the debacle! First of all it took us forever to find a place to purchase one, then ages to pick one out we actually liked. Once we got it home it wouldn't fit in the tree stand so we had to saw a bunch of low-hanging branches off. When we finally got it up it was super crooked and we were afraid it would fall! So we anchored it into the wall as an extra protective measure!

What I need to keep in my head is that it is a REAL TREE. It is not going to be perfectly straight and symmetrical. That's part of its beauty, right?

Anyhoo... we did have a lot of fun decorating it....




I love, love, LOVE unpacking the ornaments each year. Almost every one holds a special memory with it. Here are a few of my faves...

We got these two ornaments on our Honeymoon. They are hand-painted and just so pretty.



My grandmother got me this one. If you look closely you can see that the paint is starting to crack. I always put it at the top of the tree so it's safe.


This is not a good picture, but these are cherries and they jingle! It came from my parents house and was always one of my faves as a kid.


One of my oldest friends, Angela, made this for me. It has a little mini camera, scrapbook, and some other personal things inside to represent me and my hobbies.


Meg and Matt got us this last year to celebrate our first Christmas in our first home!


This one came from our trip to NYC last December with Trav's family. So much fun!


Travis' Aunt and Cousins got this for me at my bridal shower last year.


This one came from Travis' parents' house...


Cindy and I exchange ornaments at the holidays every year. This one was from 2008.


Do you have any ornaments that are especially near and dear to your heart?




(I like to go a little crazy with the lights!)

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

What a lovely tree and ornaments.
Thanks for sharing!
You both look goergeous!!
:)

Betty Manousos said...

Hi Joann, I'm followig you. If it's ok with you please follow me!
:)
Have a great Festive Season!

AVinNYC said...

The tree is so pretty- loved hearing about all your special ornaments!!