Sunday, November 15, 2009

R&R Weekend in South Haven

This weekend we escaped to South Haven... finally! The past few months have been... for lack of a better word... shitty. We've just been dealing with all kinds of issues - large and small - and there's been a lot of stress in the Roehm household. We were really excited to get away this weekend and spend some QT together.

Saturday was a BEAUTIFUL day - so there was lots of time spent outside walking and playing...




Paired with lots of time inside napping, reading, and relaxing...






I even picked up the BEST SLIPPERS EVER! Just $5.00 at Wal-Mart! I'm absolutely in love!


And of course lots of YUMMY food. Ultimate comfort!





It truly was a beautiful weekend on Lake Michigan. The weather was unseasonably warm - and it was a nice end to the fall season...








I feel rejuvenated and refreshed - and ready to tackle the holiday season! I hope that you had a wonderfully therapeutic weekend as well... and if not... why don't you come along and enjoy South Haven WITH us...



PS... Meg - I think you'd enjoy South Haven even more than Mackinac Island -- more to do! You should absolutely plan a trip out next summer so we can (gasp!) meet in person! : )

2 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend- love the slippers!

Beth said...

Looks like a great time! I'm always so amazed when I see pics from our own state that are that beautiful! Can you believe I've never even been to that side of MI?!? When we have some $$ for a weekend getaway, I'd love to rent a house on the lake. It's amazing the kind of beauty we have just a few hours away!