Friday, April 10, 2009

Wrapping Up the Week

On Tuesday Trav and I went to see the 25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee (the musical) here in town. It's rare that we get the time to do something like this, especially during the week, but I got free tickets from work so we decided to make a night out of it and do dinner and the show. A DATE if you will : )


I had no idea what to expect. I haven't kept up with Broadway in the last three years or so since I've been working full time and away from the stage. I thoroughly enjoyed this show! It got a little silly at times, but the most part was laugh-out-loud funny, with some great character performances. It was a short show, with no intermission, and even featured three folks from the audience up on stage during the show. I'd highly recommend seeing it if it's in town. For tour dates click HERE.

Unfortunately I don't have the day off work today like a lot of folks, so I'm tying up lots of loose work ends up from home today after surviving the big luncheon I've been working on for weeks yesterday. It was my first pretty much solo event since I've been with GAAH - and everything went really well. I felt like I really came into my own in my role as Director of Development & Communications with this event. Plus, for those of you that know me, you know that I like to plan events big and small -- everything from large fundraising galas to summer BBQ's at home (which there will be a lot of this summer!)

Here are some photos from the event. Special thanks to Kelly B for being an awesome friend and GAAH volunteer for ironing tablecloths and helping set up at 8:00am yesterday morning!



That's it for now. I'm VERY MUCH looking forward to the weekend. No big holiday plans for us, just some R&R, coupled with some Spring cleaning (is that an oxymoron?!)

HAPPY EASTER!

No comments: