Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cookies & Beans

Here I am, resuming regular posting as promised! : )

Alison's wedding is over and done with, Spring is (sort of) on its way, and I've been in especially good spirits this week. I'm looking forward to some time at home soon, working on the house.

This week has been crazy busy so far with it being the first week in a new session of programs at the YMCA (more about that later). I've been working 8-8 most days, and am certainly looking forward to the weekend! With Trav running between both of his facilities getting lessons started he's been swamped as well - so we haven't had time for much other than work, eat, and sleep.

I did, however, want to give you an update on my seedlings...



Looking great, right? Those tall guys at the front are the green beans. They are about ready to move outside to harden off, and get planted in the next couple of weeks I think. I figure if nothing else, we're going to have ourselves some green beans this season!

We're also going to be eating a lot of cookies over the next few months...


This is only half of our stash!

A couple of girls from Trav's work were selling girl scout cookies and the combination of Trav's love for girl scout cookies and recent news reports about girl scout sales and fundraising profits being way down due to the economy this year, we ended up with about $40.00 worth of cookies! Yikes! This is not looking good for the weight watching... : )

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Your green beans are looking fabulous! And, I have the same weakness for girl scout cookies... sooooo good!