Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What I do these days...

Not having to work would be absolutely perfect if I got paid for it... : )

So now that I'm unemployed, and classes haven't started yet... what do I do?

Well...

I hang out with a lot of four-legged friends.

There's Oliver...


(he likes to sleep in boxes!)

Beyonce...


you know Bella our chocolate lab by now I'm sure. And of course let's not forget our kitten friends. You know about them as well (note... if you're following the kitten progress over HERE and haven't added as a follower yet - please do! That way I don't feel like I'm writing to myself!)

I do things like re-cover chairs, and attend cake-decorating class.

I also tend to the garden... well, that's kind of a lie.

The rain destroyed my dahlias for the most part...


They need some major stakes and ties in order to survive. Some of the individual flowers still look pretty, though.




Then there's the green beans. We've had a couple handfuls of beans so far this season - but I've been scared to pick them too early, and by the time I've picked them they've gone bad! Anyone know when green beans are ready to pick?




And then there's the poor, poor tomatoes. I kept them inside for FAR too long and now they are way behind schedule. Plus Bella has knocked them over and pulled plants out several times. I was ready to write them off until yesterday I saw that they had started to FLOWER. Flowers then fruit, right? Is there still hope? Maybe I'll have tomatoes by October... : )

Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

AVinNYC said...

Wow- way to go on the green beans!!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Green beans are basically ready to pick when you want to pick them, if they get to huge they won't taste as good.

Tomatoes- yes flowers then fruit but it is getting late for in the season so if you get any green ones that don't look like they'll be ripe before the first frost pick them before just before the frost and ripen on a window sill indoors.Leave them on the plant as long as you can but if the frost comes and they're out they'll be done. Mine are way behind too- it's been too rainy here for them to ripen.

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Green beans are basically ready to pick when you want to pick them, if they get to huge they won't taste as good.

Tomatoes- yes flowers then fruit but it is getting late for in the season so if you get any green ones that don't look like they'll be ripe before the first frost pick them before just before the frost and ripen on a window sill indoors.Leave them on the plant as long as you can but if the frost comes and they're out they'll be done. Mine are way behind too- it's been too rainy here for them to ripen.