Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Friday!

Good Morning!

I'm finishing up a busy week (wait - aren't they ALL busy weeks?!) and have lots to do, but I wanted to do a quick post to say hello and wish you all a great weekend!

Travis has been sick all week but is feeling better now - hooray! Mum and Dad are in Aruba on vacation (MUST be nice!) and I'm upset about three Idol issues...

1) Allison got voted off (I was SO hoping for an Allison-Adam finale!)

2) No Doubt performed and it was... bad. I used to love me some No Doubt back in the day before Gwen Stefani sold out...

and 3) Paula Abdul lip synched. I mean really, you're judging a singing competition and you choose to BLATANTLY lip sync on your first ever performance on the show? Lame. You look good for your age Paula and you sure can bust a move, but geez - sing already.

I don't have tons of time to write, but encourage you to visit me in some other spots around the blogosphere for some good juju...

We are celebrating our niece Lily's first birthday party this weekend - and I have been busy crafting away and getting things planned for the party. If you're so inclined, check out my craft blog HERE to see what I've been up to!

It's been a great week at work - very productive. We've had a lot of great groups of students in the building participating in workshops and classes. Check out my work blog HERE to see how Grandville Avenue Arts & Humanities is transforming lives in the Grandville Avenue neighborhood.

Stop back by over the weekend for photos from Lily's birthday party! Hugs to you!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hello! :) I agree about your Idol remarks. I'm not a big Adam fan, but thought it would probably be Adam and Allison in the finale as well. My latest favorite is Kris, though. I can't put my finger on why, but I'm loving his style!

Beth said...

Ack! Lip-synching?! Oh, Paula...

I forgot I recorded Idol on Wednesday. Off to watch Paula's lameness now!